For every homeowner who wishes to infuse a sense of relaxation into his/her garden, a hammock is definitely a must have. Of course, you can buy one and just tie it, but creating one could prove to be more rewarding and it might turn out into a cool family project.
– A beach towel, a blanket or a piece of fabric about
– Leather strapping
– Heavyweight cotton canvas (2 times longer than the fabric’s width and at least 4” width)
– Zip Ties
– Cotton twine
- Cut the fabric into a rectangle (the ideal size would be 40”/80”).
- Fold 1” on the sides to create a hem. This will stop the fabric from fraying.
- Use the canvas to reinforce the top and bottom edges. Place them on the fabric, fold over and sew.
- Cut the strappings into 6-8” pieces and sew them on the top and the bottom to create loops.
- Put a 1’ long piece of rope through each loop and create a huge loop with all the loose ends.
- Wrap cotton twine around the final loop.