If you like this kind of plants and are asking yourself how you can take care of geranium plants, the good news is that they are very easy to take care of. Geranium is a wide-spread and well-known plant among amateurs of indoor plants. They are resistant, showy and the only thing you have to…
To enjoy the beauty of the garden you carefully decorated even more, during summertime, you could create a small pond right in the heart of it and perhaps populate it with some colorful fish.
There is a really easy way to do that. First of all, you need to find a large recipient that’s able to contain water. For instance, a nice looking bucket will do just fine. However, please keep in mind that such objects, if made of copper or zing, don’t make a good environment for fish. Once you found this recipient, clean it thoroughly so there are no toxic substances left and make sure it is deep enough to host
You will get a more spectacular pond if you are willing to go the extra mile, with a little imagination and some hard work. First of all, find a place that’s not too shady; plants and fish love bathing in the sun. After that, start digging and keep in mind you need at least 30 inches in depth to prevent evaporation during summer and frosting during winter.
Here are some really simple steps for you to follow:
1. Use a garden hose to trace the pond’s shape.
2. Dig the hole 10 inches deeper than the desired final depth.
3. Shape a well on the bottom, another 10 inches in depth. This is where you’re going to place the pump.
4. Remove all roots and stones.
5. Apply a thick layer of sand (2-3 inches).
6. Apply a plastic foil above the sand.
7. Cover everything with 5-6 inches of clay soil.
8. Start filling it with water.
9. When the water level reached 1/2, place plants and rocks to serve as borders.
10. Make sure you mask the foil with rocks and vegetation.
In the end, you should have something like this: